From the manufacturer
- 8″ glass aramid composite woofer
- Bass extension to 30Hz with a max SPL of 112 dB
- Footswitch control enables/disables sub and crossover filter (footswitch not provided)
- Curved design with front-firing bass port for placement flexibility
- Powerful, lightweight Class D amplification
- Optimized four-position crossover control
- Universal connectivity: XLR, 1/4″ TRS, and RCA inputs and outputs
- Polarity and input sensitivity controls
KRK 8S V2
8″ 100 Watt Powered Studio Subwoofer
The 8S powered studio subwoofer builds upon KRK?s legacy for sonic accuracy in a compact form factor. The custom-voiced, glass-aramid woofer delivers tight, defined bass, while the Class-D power amplifier dramatically increases transient response, control and punch. The four-position selectable crossover lets you adjust the subwoofer setting easily to your existing monitors.
- Mix with confidence. The bypass footswitch control allows you to quickly mute the sub and send full-range audio to your recording monitors.
- KRK Subwoofers feature reinforced MDF enclosures for maximum strength and durability. Never let a spilled beer or wild ninja roundhouse kick stop your mixing session again.
- We engineered the front port to provide low frequency extension while reducing boundary coupling. The unique shape is optimized to avoid port turbulence.
- Dedicated crossover and optional High-pass filter bypass means that our subwoofers are the perfect compliment to powered monitors.
Passion. Power. Control.
KRK monitors have become the professional?s choice for mixing and mastering for over 25 years. Now you can enhance their natural power with new S-series 8?, 10?, and 12? subwoofers that extend KRK?s legendary accuracy to the limits of human hearing. Re-designed Class D amps elevate the power while slashing weight and heat, and meticulously re-voiced speakers deliver tight, defined bass with selectable, optimized crossover frequencies to provide the perfect complement to existing monitors. Joining the 12sHO powered subwoofer for larger studios, KRK?s compact, powerful S-series subwoofers don?t just deliver precision bass: they deliver the next dimension in mixing.
Clean, Tight Bass Reproduction
Everyone loves clean, tight bass reproduction. This is achieved with the proper tuning of the woofer, cabinet and port; otherwise, you?ll experience muddy bass. Grab a kick drum demo and hear how the KRK subwoofer?s bass is tight and well-defined.
High Sound Pressure Levels – Without Distortion
Some subwoofers play loud but distort at higher SPL?s. At KRK, we believe if it isn?t clean it isn?t true at any volume level. That?s why you?ll find precision limiters, matched to our amplifiers in every KRK subwoofer, designed to maintain distortion-free sound and balanced response. So turn up a KRK subwoofer and hear not just the loud, but hear the clean.
Bypass Whenever Needed / Variable Crossover
KRK subwoofers offer the possibility to bypass the entire Woofer-Unit, when you want to edit, or track and the Sub Frequencies are not needed. Connect the KRK or any other Latch Footswitch and run your main monitors full-range, without the need of turning the Subwoofer off.
The variable Crossover allows to adjust your KRK subwoofer to any sized Nearfield Monitor and ensures the entire system will function accurate and delivers smooth transition at any Crossover-frequency.
KRK studio subwoofers are designed with features like the front slotted bass port and limited high frequency allowing for flexible placement when used with any other studio monitors. Even if you position the Subwoofer off-Center and move your ear off-axis you will notice the sound character and performance remains consistent.
Sound Pressure Levels
Bypass & Variable Crossover
8S V2 10S V2 12S V2 12SHO Low-Frequency 8″ Glass Aramid Composite Woofer 10″ Glass Aramid Composite Woofer 12″ Woven Kevlar Woofer 12″ Woven Kevlar High Performance Woofer Frequency Response 35Hz – 133Hz 34Hz – 130Hz 32Hz – 139Hz 29.2Hz – 160Hz (L/R inputs), 29.1Hz – 211Hz (LFE input) Max Peak SPL 112.8 dB 117.2 dB 119.9 dB 123 dB Power Output (Continous) 109 Watts @ 1% THD+N @ 46Hz 160 Watts @ 1% THD+N @ 44Hz 220 Watts @ 1% THD+N @ 44Hz 400 Watts @ 1% THD+N @ 100Hz Amplifier Distortion (THD + N) ? 0.1% @-3dB Of Max Power Output 35Hz-133Hz ? 0.12% @-3dB Of Max Power Output 31Hz-110Hz ? 0.3% @-3dB Of Max Power Output 29Hz-97Hz ? 0.1% @-3dB Of Max Power Output 20Hz-200Hz Low Pass Frequency 30Hz-205Hz 28Hz-156Hz 26Hz-130Hz 60Hz-160Hz Input Connectors XLR L/R, 1/4″ TRS L/R, RCA L/R, 1/4″ Footswitch XLR L/R, 1/4″ TRS L/R, RCA L/R, 1/4″ Footswitch XLR L/R, 1/4″ TRS L/R, RCA L/R, 1/4″ Footswitch Balanced XLR for Left & Right inputs Output Connectors XLR L/R, 1/4″ TRS L/R, RCA L/R XLR L/R, 1/4″ TRS L/R, RCA L/R XLR L/R, 1/4″ TRS L/R, RCA L/R Balanced XLR for Left & Right Dimensions (H x W x D) 13.3″ (339mm) X 11.57″ (294mm) X 14.25″ (362mm) 15″ (382mm) X 14″ (355mm) X 16.06″ (408mm) 18.11″ (460mm) X 15.94″ (405mm) X 22.64″ (575mm) 20″ (508 mm) X 20″ (508 mm) X 22.48″ (571mm) Weight 26.01 lb. (11.8 kg) 34.5 lb. (15.6 kg) 66.5 lb. (30.1 kg) 109.7 lb. (49.7 kg)
There are no reviews yet.