From the manufacturer
The Zoom iQ7 stereo microphone
Superior stereo on the go
The iQ7 mid-side stereo condenser mic is the ideal audio accessory for your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Lightweight and compact, small enough to fit in your pocket, it is perfect for capturing music as well as video with great-sounding audio. Now anyone can create pristine quality recordings everywhere they go.
- Works with any Lightning-equipped iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- Compatible with most iOS apps that support audio input from an external microphone, including GarageBand, Voice Memos, Camera, iMovies, Instagram, and Vine
- Mid-side recording for adjustable stereo width and perfect mono compatibility
- Unique rotating mechanism ensures correct left-right stereo orientation whether used in portrait or landscape mode
- Three-segment LED meters and analog-type mic gain wheel for visual monitoring and precision level setting, plus a dedicated headphone jack that doubles as a line output
- Comes with extended Lightning connector and removable spacer that allows use with most cases Free Handy Recor
- der app allows you to edit sound files and add effects
In the box
- The iQ7 comes with a foam windscreen
Create and innovate
Prepare to make your mark on the world. The iQ7 adds a whole new dimension to iOS audio, providing extraordinary sound quality and comprehensive control, everything you need to move from bystander to creator.
Mid-Side recording made easy
Mid-side recording is a great way to capture stereo sound. The iQ7 contains two microphone elements: a directional ‘mid’ mic that captures audio coming from in front, and a bidirectional ‘side’ mic that covers the signal all around you.
A simple three-way stereo width switch on the iQ7 allows you to customize your recordings to your environment: Set it to 90? to focus on an individual sound, or 120? for a wider sound-stage that incorporates the surrounding ambiance. For even more control, you can record the mid and side mic signals as ‘raw’ M-S data so you can later adjust the stereo width from 30? to 150? with Zoom’s free Handy Recorder iOS app.
It’s all in the app
Download Zoom’s Handy Recorder app to add even more functionality to your iQ7. In addition to providing MS decoding for variable stereo width, it offers a variety of effects such as reverb and six-band EQ, as well as editing tools like Normalize and Divide. There’s also an automatic recording feature that allows you to start and stop recording whenever a particular level is reached, convenient when recording lectures or meetings.
In addition, the Handy Recorder app allows the iQ7 to record audio in either linear PCM (WAV) format for full CD-quality, or in AAC format for smaller file sizes and faster data transfer. With Handy Recorder, you can even email your audio creations to friends and upload them to SoundCloud for sharing with the world.
iQ7 iQ6 iQ5 Mic configuration Mid-Side (MS) stereo X/Y stereo Mid-Side (MS) stereo Selectable stereo width 90?/120?/M-S 90?/120? 90?/120?/M-S Removable spacers Y Y N Analog-type gain wheel Y Y Y LED metering Y Y N Dedicated headphone jack Y Y Y Headphone jack doubles as line out Y Y N Hardware Auto Gain control N N Y Hardware limiter N N Y
There are no reviews yet.